Sunday, January 24, 2010

Budapest!


After the Czech Republic we went to Budapest, Hungary. The history was so interesting. We went on a tour of the city where we learned that the city was once divided into the Buda side and the Pest side. I thought that was fascinating and it reminded me of Berlin, however the two sides did not conflict as much. We went to Heroes square where our tour guide explained to us the significance of the statues. She explained that the seven statues on the horses were pagan chiefs that united Hungary.

Also there were other statues around and she explained that those were the most important kings Hungary had ever had. I also went to many churches in Hungary too. By the middle of the trip I had become fasicinated by the architecture of churches and wanted to take as many pictures as I could of them. I thought it was so interesting how religion was such a big part of people's lives and how much money they spent decorating these churches. They were all of beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment